So why – Suchen nach Siegfried
How does it work with sword and blood, with heroism and murder, with love and betrayal when you are young, blonde and courageous, but also really stupid? Siegfried - a fearless superzero, so-to-speak. But a very sweet one. What is a hero? More than a stunt? Or is it all just Tarzan? The beautiful Siggi is someone that others control through her greed. Profit-oriented, a perfect capitalist. And let’s swap out genteel with “friendly enemy”. We are searching for Siegfried. We are remastering Wagner music with new texts and samples. We are asking whether murder has to be part of the principle of masculinity. And what is it like if you first notice far to late, or not at all, that you’re being used? If you end up being stuck in a black hole that you can never get out of? A piece from a time where you are black-and-white.
- 14.10.20:00So why – Suchen nach SiegfriedTicketspremiere
- 16.10.20:00So why – Suchen nach SiegfriedTickets
- 20.10.20:00So why – Suchen nach SiegfriedTickets
- 20.10.20:00So why – Suchen nach SiegfriedTicketswith audio description Information on accessibility
- 21.10.20:00So why – Suchen nach SiegfriedTickets
- 21.10.18:00So why – Suchen nach SiegfriedTicketsKombiticket Performance + Workshop
- 22.10.20:00So why – Suchen nach SiegfriedTicketswith audio description Information on accessibility
- 22.10.18:00So why – Suchen nach SiegfriedTicketsKombiticket Performance + Workshop
- 23.10.20:00So why – Suchen nach SiegfriedTickets
The world should give birth to blonde creatures. The hairdressers would be lost without the Nibelungen dwarves. And, if we are going to talk about extensions: in reality, isn’t Siegfried really Rapunzel? After all, there is no lack of challengers, no matter how strong he is.
A lot of smoke and mirrors is what Wagner gives us. We are trying not to cough, continuing to search and giving them hell.
On October 20 th + 22 th we are showing So why – Suchen nach Siegfried with audio description for blind and visually impared people. Before the performance we are offering a tacticle guidance, to get to know the costumes and the stage design. The tacticle guidance starts at 7 pm and we are meeting in the theatre foyer.
If you need help to get from the subway or bus to the theatre please call 030 6146467.
We are offering a workshop for the performance on October 21st + 22nd. More information here.
Both the audio description and the workshop is held in German.